4/25/2008

Quiet Time

Isaiah 43:18-19 was my reading for yesterday. Those two scriptures have been resonating within my spirit since then. To have the Holy Spirit speak to you through the Word of God is very soothing and peaceful. Tranquil and full of love is how I feel when He speaks to me, utterly safe.

"Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Here is my take on that as the Holy Spirit spoke to me through it. Cherish the memories I hold, but don't hold on to them in such a way that I am saying "I wish things were like they were 14 yrs. ago, 10 yrs. ago, or even 5 yrs. ago". God plans to do a new thing in me, in my life, in my circumstances. He will pave a way for me even in this wilderness of circumstances I find myself in today and will allow a river to flow even where it is now dry and desolate. In other words, what used to be so "good" will pale in comparison to what God will do.

So then of course in my humanness (is that even a word,LOL), I am trying to figure out what it will be. And all He wants me to do is to continue using this time to draw closer to Him. I've been away so long, it's like someone being on bed rest for so long, they forget how to use their limbs. I am having to retrain myself in how to walk not even for the Lord yet, but with Him. I am relearning how to think His thoughts, by renewing my mind with His Word. That right there is not even easy, since I am at a point of looking at my Bible and wondering "Lord what do I read"?

Oh stick with me as I embark on this journey and see where the Lord leads me. I know that what the enemy meant for my evil, God will turn it all around for my good. I can't see it now, but I'm sure my future looks better than my today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails