5/27/2009

Wednesday Ramblings...

My girls and I attended our bi-weekly Bible study that we have been participating in. Quieting a Noisy Soul...It has been an awesome study thus far and I can see where we are each growing from it. Last night we discussed being content. Here I was thinking I am a pretty content person, minus the few areas I already knew about and am working on. Then the guy on the video starts giving greater detail about a discontented heart. Guess what? That's me. I'm learning/noticing when I am discontent, I'm really saying God is NOT enough for me, He can't meet my needs, I need something more. When in reality, God is MORE than enough for me, HE is ALL I need! I don't know about many of you, but I'm having to daily learn to say that to myself when I start thinking about the "what if's" and the "if only's".
I've also learned that it's ok to desire more in life, but if HE never gives me that more I can be content and know that He's enough. In fact, He's already done enough (Calvary)!

In just a few days we should have baby guineas and chicks. We had a thunderstorm in the wee hours of the morning and the power went out. The incubator doesn't have a back up battery or anything, so that means the temperature dropped for a few hours. I'm praying that this didn't effect the eggs and that they will hatch as they should.
We will turn the automatic turner off tonight in preparation for the hatchlings, we don't want them getting crushed by shifting shelves. I've made a homemade brooder and am ready for them whenever they are ready. Once hatched, they will stay in the incubator for 24-48 hours after hatching and then I will transfer them to the brooder, where they will stay for the next 6 weeks and then begin the move outdoors. I'm anxious, excited, thrilled, and praying the vast majority of them hatch and survive.
I'm thinking I will put another 15-30 more eggs in the incubator in a few weeks. I really want to have plenty of meat in the freezer, as well as to have eggs to eat and sell. You'd be amazed at how many people want free-ranged, fresh eggs. I have several co-workers waiting for my younger hens to get bigger and increase our supply.
We now get 2 eggs a day (did I mention that a dog got one of my hens while the dogs were watching the other 4?). So I need to be able to get at least 1/2 dozen to a dozen a day for us to have enough for our consumption and to sell.

2 comments:

Love Abounds At Home said...

Sounds like a very good Bible study. Sometimes it's just a battle to be content. I never realized that my lack of not being content was saying that God is not enough. I really have to watch my words and protect my mind & heart. God is more than enough!

Diane said...

my goodness, that sounds like a wonderful Bible study- i think i may need to join you all;)

thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and emailing me! i'll be emailing you later, but i wanted to stop by your place here and say hello now while i have a minute. may you have a wonderfully blessed day, my dear♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails