10/21/2009

Memorizing Scripture

Can you say hard?

Since Ari has returned from "Journey", she has been leading our family devotion time and teaching us all to memorize scripture.  

I have wanted to be able to memorize scripture for my entire time as a Christian.
In the beginning it was for selfish reasons...I wanted to be able to quote scripture back to folks to look good in their eyes.  


Yet as I've continued on this journey, I've wanted to learn for several reasons.  Those times the enemy is attacking and you need to fight back but only the Word will defeat him.  Those times when someone needs to hear a Word of encouragement to lift them up.  And for preparation for the time when we may very well be persecuted for reading the Word, I want to have it so ingrained/etched upon my heart that I can recall His Word at any given moment.

 
I have to tell you this has NOT been the easiest thing for me in the least, but Ari is so good at encouraging all of us to keep trying.  She and the other girls learned Colossians 3:1-11 on their 8 hour trip from Chicago to Michigan.  Talk about impressed! 
I can't tell you how excited I am to hear my children quote the verses they have learned and to know that they are enjoying it. 

Hmmmmmmmmm, I think if I "think" on these things, as well as Christ, when the enemy is attacking me, it may do me good. 

I am a blessed woman and a blessed momma!!!!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails