8/19/2010

I'm like the Israelites...

Late last night I shared some information regarding a job with a friend.  Early this morning he replied and asked how we were.  He's been without a job for a long time and his statement was; I'm Trying to survive... It's day to day literally.

I laid my head back down and then a thought came to me.  The Israelites had to depend on the Lord day to day as well.  He wants nothing different from us as well.

My comment to him was, "Yes, but that's exactly how He wants us to live.  Day to day...remember the Israelites couldn't gaterh manna for the next day.  They were only to collect what they wuld need for that day!!!  Day by day, trusting and walking with Him.

In Exodus chapter 16, we read that the Israelites began to grumble and complain about not having meat and bread to eat.  They had those things in Egypt and were literally looking back to what they had and not at what was in front of them.

Read all of Chapter 16, but pay close attention to verses 4-5, 17-20.  They were instructed to gather only that which they needed for that days meals and nothing more. They could only gather twice as much on the day before the Sabbath because they would have nothing to gather on the Sabbath.  However, they disobeyed and gathered more than what they needed trying to save it for the next day.  You know JUST IN CASE GOD DIDN'T PROVIDE FOR THE NEXT DAY.

Well, I am just like them and so are you.  We only need to ask God for our "daily bread" and that's exactly what He gives us.  We don't need to worry about tomorrow, it has it's own worries and He's just that kind of God that he'll provide for tomorrow when it gets here and not a moment sooner.

I have this job making far less than what I was making just a few weeks ago.  I'm going to have to supplement by sewing and cleaning houses, but I only need to be concerned with today and trust Him to provide our needs for today and as for tomorrow, I'll just ask Him to provide what we need on tomorrow.

I will not worry or fret, He was the God of the Israelites and He provided for them, He's my God as well and He'll provide for me as well.  Knowing this gives me great peace to be able to hand this problem over to Him while I rest in the palm of His hand!!!




1 comment:

Love Abounds At Home said...

So true! The Lord's prayer says, "Give us THIS day our daily bread."
When the Bible refers to tomorrow, it tells us not to worry about it.
God's Word is so true and truly amazing. That's why we have to stand on His truth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails