2/28/2011

Having The Mind of Christ

In my reading this morning, I read a scripture I've read time and time again.  It doesn't have some great new meaning, but it does deal with some of the very issues I am walking out now.

1 Corinthians 2:16 NASB
For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct Him?  But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:16 AMPs
For who has know or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct HIM and give HIM knowledge?  But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart.

There is nothing that I nor you or anyone else on this earth knows better than God that we can turn around and give HIM instructions or understanding.  We are talking about God here, the creator of ALL things in heaven and on earth.  So why do we EVER, EVER, EVER think we know what is best for us or anyone else in this life?  That, right there alone should be enough to prove to us how really "dumb" we are.  Yet, we go through our lives as though we know what's best and how things should work out and when we should do something.  How crazy we must look to God sometimes.  I wonder if He ever just shakes His head at some of the things we come up with or do!  Ponder on that one for a minute.

But MY main focus is the last part of that verse...We have the mind of Christ.
For those that have accepted Christ as their Savior, we have the ability to have the mind of Christ and be "one" with Him.  How is this possible?  We have the written Word.  I've never been one that has been able to memorize scripture.  It is a bit difficult for me, but I'm gonna give it a try.
I digress....HIS MIND IS IN HIS WORD!!!!  What He thinks about a matter, What He feels about a matter, What He would do about a matter, is all written in HIS WORD!!!!  So not only do I need to read it daily to know what He is thinking, but in order to begin thinking like He thinks and acting like He would act, I have to get His Word in my heart and most definitely in my mind.

The first scripture I have been pondering on and trying to get down in my mind and heart is Hebrews 13:5-6 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU," so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID.  WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"


Lord, May I fully comprehend that there is nothing in this life that I know better than You!  That You not only know what is best for me, but You also know when it is best for me.  Forgive me for EVER thinking or acting as though I know what is best for me, my life, or even the lives of others.  I pray You would open my ears to hear the Holy Spirit as He prompts me in the way You would have me to go, and do the things You would have me to do, the way You would have me to do them.  I confess those times I have put myself in the position that rightfully belongs to only You.  Lead me Lord and guide me.  As I begin to take baby steps Lord, help me to have Your mind and engrave Your Word not only upon my mind, but my heart as well, and through this, may I have the peace that surpasses all understanding....even through my storms.  In Jesus Name!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your posts. You are a Bible teacher among women.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails