2/07/2013

WHEW...

I'm not sure where the time is going.  I don't have much time to do anything it seems.  School is seriously back in full swing and it's keeping me busy far beyond what I thought.  I have one day a week to just relax and with preparing my garden on that day, I don't do much else.  I get online check email and that's about it.  I was watching YouTube videos daily, but not anymore.  I'm not complaining, just really ready to get school over.

So, I'm trying to get ready for spring by planting seeds and looking to move my garden beds.  I have 4 beds that range in size from 4x2 - 4x8.  I filled them partly with compost and then covered them completely in leaves.  I also have several pots as well that have various things in them and I covered them with leaves for the winter as well.

I've planted a slew of seeds, tomatoes, lettuces, spinach, peas, green beans, swiss chard, carrots, greens, onions, leeks, garlic, etc.  I'm hoping to be able to order some more seeds in the next week, as well as some strawberries, berry bushes, and prayerfully a couple of fruit trees.
Since we are still not in our own home, I'm having to put 90% of my things in pots or totes.  I plan to put my fruit trees and bushes in the totes, my strawberries will be in pallets.  My asparagus are still in pots and I'll leave them their, though I think I will add more compost to them.  I'm still not sure where to put my garden beds, the area is mostly shaded.

I can't wait to get back into my own place.  It really is frustrating and a great patience training.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is temporary and when it's all said and done and I've pushed through, I will have accomplished so much for myself and my kids.

So what's your greatest frustration and greatest accomplishment? 

Tasha

2 comments:

GammySel said...

Not sure if I have any accomplishments right now.. but time does go WAY too fast.

Angie

Love Abounds At Home said...

Hello Tasha :)
I can't wait to see pics of your garden.
I would say my greatest frustration would be not finishing all the sewing projects in a timely matter. I get them done, just not when I think/want them to be done. I get sidetracked so easily.
Greatest accomplishment? I'm still thinking about that one. So far, I would have to say it's my family. I don't have much going on outside the home. A few things at church.

Have a blessed day Tasha and let's Skype soon. Love ya girly *hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails