7/16/2006

Fellowship! Food! Fun!

Our dear friend C invited us over for lunch after church with her family. I can't tell you how much I look forward to going to her home and being with her family. I think I enjoy it even more than my children.

She had planned for us to have black bean soup, but her crock pot was on the blink. I was looking forward to it, as I've never had it before. However, she fixed taco soup and I took a huge salad with tomatoes fresh from my garden. She also made corn fritters, which I love, and mmmmm a blueberry cobbler. The soup was a hit with me and my children and they are eagerly waiting for me to add it to our menus. Everyone was full from the meal, as there were no seconds to spare. When it was time for cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream, that was a different story all together. EVERYONE wanted seconds, but only us mommy's got to pig out and have more. Sounds selfish huh? Sometimes we deserve to pamper ourselves once in a while. Be it a special purchase for just us, or extra blueberry cobbler.

It's always good for my spirit to be with her and her family. I am able to let go of the cares of my world and just be absorbed in her world. I don't think she realizes how much I need that, but her home has tranquility and peace and at this point and time in my life, I am needing it more and more.

Anyway, I left with fresh ground flour and recipes to try for my children. I can't wait to try making bread with the flour she gave me. The store bought flour just doesn't do what I want/need it to do. She had a loaf of bread she made and oh my gosh this bread was beautiful and tasted great!!! Sounds weird huh? Bread being beautiful. But if you've seen my whole wheat bread, then you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. Light and airy, I could have sworn she bought it at the store and tried to pass it off as homemade. Only I know her better than that, plus I've heard about the many failed attempts, so to see a loaf so beautiful means she has been practicing ALOT.

Well, the children and I are off to bed. We'll probably read for some time before we call it a night. But it's the best way we know to end such a blessed and beautiful day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails