12/10/2007

Counting My Blessings

Most wouldn't count it a blessing, but I sure am. I am a temp with UT Southwestern Medical Center. My assignment ended abruptly last Tuesday. As of today, I still don't have an assignment, which means no money coming in right now. However, I am not worried. I am enjoying my time here at home with my children which is where I truely want to be anyway.

My oldest DD went to stay with a friend for the weekend, leaving me home with my other DD and DS. We watched movies, ate pizza, went to the parade Sat. morning, put up the Christmas tree and put the lights on the cross that the children built and put in the middle of the yard.

Today, I enjoyed making a warm breakfast for my children. My youngest DD made green smoothies for us and I prepared instant oatmeal packets for the children. I have had the most fun today, than I have had in a long time.

I miss being home with my children full time. I am missing out on so much of their lives. Many think that since they are 12, 14, and 15 then all the momentus moments are finished, but I must say they are not.

In being home with them I am seeing the deterioration of my children's relationships with one another and with me. My heart grows heavy thinking of it. I have talked until I am blue in the face about preserving these relationships but talk is doing no good. I daily pray for things to turn around.

Never-the-less, I still must say this has been a most blessed day for me and them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails