12/11/2007

Simple Instructions

I was reading my Bible this morning and as usual I read the passages in 2 different translations. I do this often just to see how the other might speak something to me that I may have missed the first time. Well, I was reading Psalms 91 and became overwhelmed with an urge and desire to just praise and worship my Lord and Savior. But as I read verses 14-16, I sensed God saying that this was His promise to all who believe in Him.
Psalms 91:14-16 (The Message Translation): “If you’ll hold onto me for dear life,” says God, “I’ll get you out of any trouble. I’ll give you the best of care if you’ll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times; I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party. I’ll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!”
We hold on to so much for dear life, our children, marriages, jobs, and God says if we’ll just hold on to Him, there is NOTHING He won’t do for us. I am guilty, I held onto my marriage and self-preservation. I held these things above God and He allowed them to crumble around me. Not to bring me pain and suffering, but to bring me in right standing with Him. It wasn’t enough to just say I was a Christian and had accepted Christ as my Savior. He wanted me to hold on to Him for dear life.
He wants to give us the best of care and what we’ve settled for when we try to do things our way, is less than God’s best. Won’t you take Him at His Word and release all things to Him and hold on to Him for dear life? It’s well worth it and you won’t be sorry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails