12/27/2007

Trust & Obey

Trust and Obey...For there is no other way. These are very popular words to a great hymn. Words that ring true in the heart of every believer. There is no other way, but to trust and obey our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Times will get hard and the road will get rough, but in all honesty, there is no one on earth you can trust or obey.

Confession: I have in the past few weeks, stopped trusting and obeying. I'm not proud to confess that, but I must be honest with you that are keeping up with my blog and all that is going on with my stand for my marriage.

I didn't say it with my mouth, as I've done in the past. But I did however, just stop obeying God to stand for my marriage, in that I stopped praying for it. I stopped praying for my husband to come home and just said whatever happens...happens.

Well, how many of you know that that is not what God desires of us? If it were to be that way then in the beginning God would have said well, whatever happens, happens. Jesus would have said of us (without going to the cross) whatever happens, happens. But God's words were specific in the beginning and Jesus was very specific in his purpose for coming to earth. How could we His children be any less specific?
I first laid blame that I needed someone to hold me accountable in my prayers and walk. God said to me, My Word is what holds you accountable. OUCH!!!!
He said to me, either you believe that I am God, that I am able, and that I can do ANYTHING. I said yes, you are God, you are able, and You can do All things. He said you speak truth with your mouth and lies with your heart. Your words are like clanging symbols to me. I said but Lord, nothing is happening.
Ouch, Ouch, Ouch...because then it was as though He said to me...How can you know what I do in the spirit and in my time? Nothing is happening in your time, true, but my time is not your time, neither is my way your way. Hold on and see what I have to bestow upon you.
AHHHHHHHH the love of my Lord pouring down over me. How could I doubt? Because I am human in a self, instant gratification world. I want what I want and I want it right now.
Well, all that to say I know your struggle, I am there just as you are. I know it gets hard especially when it seems like nothing is happening. Know that the moment you prayed the God of heaven began to work. The reason it begins to get so hard for us is that we take our eyes off of God and put them on our feelings, our situations, and so forth. When we take our cares upon ourselves, it becomes unbearable to bear. Lets cast our cares and concerns back on the One who said we could lay them at His feet and let Him also carry us through.
May God Bless You as you stand for the one you love and never let go of God. He gave you the desire to stand for your marriage because He is standing for your marriage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails