8/20/2008

S - t - r - e - t - c - h - i - n - g Me

It amazes me how God continues to reveal things to me and then I try to figure out how to make it happen. How many times do I have to do that and then slow down long enough to hear God saying "No child I don't expect YOU to do anything but follow my lead and obey". OUCH

I don't think there are words that adequately describe my love for my Savior. There just aren't any to express my adoration. But oh how I love Him and Adore Him.

Well, if you remember from the House Saga post, I mentioned that we would not have the funds to get our school books until October. Well, if I'm to be honest with you, I have to tell you I've been fretting over this daily. Why? well, it has a lot to do with still trying to please man and follow the typical schedule of the public schools. Oh but wait a minute. Didn't we start home-schooling because God told us too? So aren't I supposed to be pleasing God and following His time line? Need I say what the answers were? Sigh

So I have been earnestly praying in the last 3-4 days, Lord I don't know how to raise these children You blessed me with. I just know I want to raise them for Your glory, only I don't know how to do that either. This has been my hearts cry lately.

Wouldn't you know it, I've been listening to Voddie Baucham's teachings via podcasts and MP3's I've downloaded to my MP3 player. CONVICTION...and that's all I have to say about that. It was as if God Himself began speaking volumes to me. I had to ask myself some tough questions. 1. If my children have the greatest academics and don't know Christ, what have they gained? 2. Do I want them to have a firm foundation on the ROCK or in the world? I had to come to some conclusions as well. As great as knowledge is, I want them to know Christ more. If they never ( you read that right) accomplish any of their dreams, I don't care, but what is of great value to me is that they know the Savior in a personal way. I can't form and cultivate that relationship, but I can form and cultivate the ground which the seeds will be planted. AHHHHHHHHHHH, so much weight lifted off of me in that moment.

About 4-5 years ago, we began using a curriculum called SOW (Student Of the Word). We learned so many great things about God and His Word. I let that fall by the wayside trying to please others who said my children wouldn't have a well rounded education using the Bible ONLY. And from there we have slowly gone down hill. We will order our curriculum in Oct. as planned, as I feel it is what God has led me to for the season of their education, but in the meantime, I am going to contact the creators of SOW and seek a scholarship to purchase this curriculum and get my children back on the straight and narrow path of being in His Word daily.

We've also discovered some areas we need to work on to get our house in order. They are working on immediate obedience and I am working on my countenance when I arrive home from a long day at work. I've not been cheerful and thus my children have felt unloved, unwanted, and in the way. This is not what I want them to feel at all.

So please be in prayer for us as we embark on this leg of our journey with God. I'm glad He's the leader...just wish I would leave Him in that place and stop trying to take over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails