11/17/2008

The Shack by William P. Young

The Shack, a must read is the first thing I must say. My dear friend was telling me about this book as we were walking through Wal-Mart and then we came up on it. She stated that it had been given to her but she hadn’t read it yet. However, she was going to pay it forward for me, with the understanding that I pay it forward as well.

As I began to read the book, I pondered who I would share this book with. About mid-way through, God laid on my heart 2 people. One of which is my mother and the other, well I will share who that person is in a later blog.

I read and read and then it got to the point where I didn’t want to put the book down at all. I love to read and can read a good book in a day if I want, but with me working now, my reading time is a bit limited. So it took me a week to finish this book. Besides, this is not one of those books you want to rush through at all. You want the pages to go on forever, especially when he gets to the point of the celebration.

I cried, laughed, got excited, felt the characters joy and pain, and even saw my own Great Sadness and began a healing process. There were moments I had to put the book down and pray and cry those big torrential cries, the kind that are so cleansing. I had moments where I wanted to be alone with a certain portion of the book, so I ran to the bathroom for some alone time.

This book has helped to draw me closer to God like no book ever has and I had to keep reminding myself that it was a fictional story.

Anyway, I finished it. Told my children about it and now they want to read it. However, it was such a good book and I want to read it again, that I will begin reading it aloud to them tonight.

Angie, I can’t thank you enough for blessing me with this book. It has begun a healing process for me that no one, not even the counselor, had been able to breakthrough. It was as if FINALLY someone related to my pain. I am looking at my relationship with God with new eyes and a more open heart. Mack asked questions and made statements I’ve held in for so long. But now, it’s as if a new light has been illuminated and I see things so differently.

So, that may not be such a great review, but if you haven’t read the book, I HIGHLY suggest you head to the nearest bookstore or Wal-Mart and pick one up and then after reading it, pay it forward and share this book with others.

I too will be passing the blessing on, with one request that they pay it forward as well and after they finish, they won’t hesitate to pay it forward.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails