11/04/2009

Sin...what do you call it?

As a Christian, we hear or know the things we shouldn't do or the things we should do.  If we aren't careful, those things will/can become legalistic in our lives.  It's not until we look at things from God's perspective that we can really truly begin to see them clearly. 
We look at our lives and call things in our lives mistakes, situations, issues, personality traits.  God looks at those same things and calls them sin.
As a FOLLOWER of Christ, we should be looking at things the way HE sees them.  Now I've learned that we can be believers in Christ, but there is something TOTALLY different about being a FOLLOWER of Christ as well.

When we confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and we accept Him as our personal Savior, then we are Believers in Christ.  We have said we accept the blood that cleanses us.  We believe in our hearts that He took our sins, died on the cross and rose again and sits at the right hand of God.

When we begin to try to walk out our lives pleasing to God (knowing that we stumble because we are FAR from perfect), when we see things from His perspective and point of view, then we are Followers of Christ.

I had a conversation with someone and they basically said "Just accept me for who I am".  Those words at first just kinda sat in my spirit and then I realized what they were really asking me to do.  You know if the person had said, accept that I have one leg shorter than the other, I'm blind or deaf, or I'm 5 inches shorter than you, I'm slim, I'm healthy, etc. then those things I could accept, that is who they are and they can't do much about it.  HOWEVER, when a person is clearly walking in sin, rebellion, and disobedience, God calls those things sin and as True Christians and Followers of Christ, we can do no less than to call those things sins as well.  These are choices.

Now this may mean we lose friends along the way, it may even mean they are offended that we would dare to call what they are doing a sin, but as Sisters & Brothers in the Faith, we can do no less than to look that person in the eye and say you are wrong not because I say you are wrong, but because God says you are wrong.  God loves the sinner, but He HATES the sin.  We should be no different.  If God says sin is an abomination to Him and He instructs us to stay far from it, then who are we, mere earthlings, to say well, God is such a loving God that He doesn't mean it that way?  Who are we to compromise so as not to offend anyone?

He clearly says in His Word that we are to be a peculiar person.  We should not look nor act like the heathen of this world.  We should stand apart, not trying to fit in.  We should boldly and confidently say to one another, I love you, but your choices or actions are sinful in the sight of God.  Your pleasure and enjoyment bring Him no pleasure, it is your soul that is His utmost concern.

When we get into trying to keep a happy medium and not offend, we are actually telling our sisters and brothers in Christ that sin is ok and we will let God be the judge.  Though we are not to judge the person, we are to judge the persons actions.  This is where you get iron sharpening iron Prov. 27:17.  We are not to condemn our sisters and brothers, but to lovingly point out their sin.

So as I shared with this person that they weren't wanting me to accept them per say, but to accept their sin, they snickered and shook their head.  My heart was/is saddened by that.  If they only knew that the Father loves them so very dearly and He wants none of us to walk in sin or rebellion.  I can only imagine His heart and the heaviness He feels when we openly choose to do just that. 

Oh that we may not grieve the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father,
I thank you so much for your love and I pray that as you have opened my spiritual eyes to many things, that you will open the spiritual eyes of my blog followers and the one I speak of in this blog.  That they may see things from your perspective.  That they may hate sin and run far from it.  The very thought of sin becomes like garbage to them and they would spiritually puke from the smell and sight of it.  For those of us that see others in out right rebellion and sin, give us words to speak that would be edifying to them and guide them right back to You.  Help us to remember to love the sinner, but to hate the sin. 
May each of us begin to see ourselves as You see us and that You would humble our hearts to truly repent of the things that grieve You and cause You pain. 
May You be glorified in this post and all others.  Speak to my heart and the hearts of others, reminding us of who we are in You and what You have given us through Your Son, Jesus Christ!
AMEN

*I in no way wrote this to stand on a soap box to the one I am speaking of in this blog.  This person has no link to my blog and will therefore never read it. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails