2/09/2010

2 Months

The past 72 hours have been pretty tough for me and I couldn't figure out why at first.  Then it dawned on me that the date was drawing near when my mother went home to be with the Lord. Today is not so bad.  I miss her terribly and there have been times when I've picked up the phone to call her and share something with her or I've looked out the window and longed to go see her...suddenly realizing I cannot.
Those are hard moments for me.
Her name was Ruby.  She was far above rubies to me.  I can only imagine the things she's doing now and I know that there will come a time when I will get to see her again.
She's still alive, just at a different address and one day we'll share the same address.

I love you mom and miss you more than words can ever express.

If your mom is still alive, call her and just tell her simply that you love her.

2 comments:

Love Abounds At Home said...

You're in my prayers!

Paula said...

Tasha,
I found you because you were recommended by http://singlehomeschoolingmommas.com/. I love your honest, beautiful way of expressing yourself. Saying a prayer for you as you face grief. Be patient with yourself. I noticed when my hubby grieved the passing of his dad that each month it was harder for him during the time of month his dad died, then for a while there was a yearly grieving . . . we'll never stop missing his dad, but the aching grief does ease.

Bless you, sweet lady.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails