4/27/2010

Tuesday Thoughts - Titles

I'm in this kick of titles.  I'm an organizer, scheduler, type personality.  So I do monthly menus and am about to pass this torch to my girls completely for the next couple of years.  I was trying to think of ways to simplify it for them and what I came up with is Special Sunday, Meatless Monday, Casserole Tuesday, Crockpot Wednesday, Salad Thursday, Fat Friday, Sandwich Saturday.

I will help them in creating lists of recipes we completely enjoy, then we will place them on index cards in their rightful categories for the days of the week.  Then the girls will be able to make up a monthly menu by going thru the box and choosing the meal for each night of the week.  They will be responsible for checking the pantry and freezer at the beginning of each month and making out a grocery list as they create the menu and we will buy groceries accordingly.  I will help them cook up and prepare as many of the meals ahead of time and placing them in the freezer.  Something like once a month cooking.  That will help to eliminate daily cooking for supper.

I'll keep you posted how it goes!!

GRATEFUL:  My daughters are preparing for their households one day!


PERSONAL GROWTH:  She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.  Proverbs 30:15
  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails