8/15/2010

Sourdough

I began a sourdough starter a few weeks ago and after getting several jars of it put away in the fridge, I finally got brave enough to try and do something with it.  I attempted to make a loaf of sourdough bread, but it was a flop.  I forgot to set the timer on it and so the oven turned off after only about 30 minutes and I had gotten busy and didn't hear the oven beeping.  When I finally thought about the bread, it was the next afternoon.  I took the bread pan out and the top had caved in, upon taking the bread out of the pan, it was gooey and doughy.  I will attempt to make a couple of loaves tomorrow.
I did make sourdough pancakes.  The first time, I didn't let the starter get very sour and the pancakes were really good.  The second time, I let the hooch develop (it's what gives the sourdough it's sour flavor).  Those pancakes were a hit!!!!  My children ate them up and my son ate the left overs for lunch.  They were full of flavor and the texture was just simply smooth and amazing.  YUM!!!  The were truly delicious.
Needless to say, we will have those more often.
I have yet to try the sourdough tortillas.  I may be trying those in a few days though.  I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails