1/17/2013

Fasting For Weight Loss and Detox

I've talked about doing a juice fast for some time now.  I've fasted for spiritual reasons before, but this fast is specifically for losing weight and detoxing.  However, I know that spiritual things will happen, simply because I will have to pray my way through this and seek God's strength to maintain when I want to give in and eat some food.

My juicer should arrive tomorrow, so today I went out and purchased all the necessary produce I'll be using.  I'm going to stick with 3 different juice recipes for this 10 day fast.  Though the juice fast officially starts tomorrow, I'm actually starting it today with a water fast.

I'm pretty pumped for what this will mean for me...a jump start to a more raw vegan lifestyle I hope!

My biggest goal for this fast is of course to detox and lose some pounds.  Then as I come off the fast I'm aiming at going more raw vegan vs just vegan.  As I've transitioned, I've noticed that I've opted for more vegan processed foods and I want to steer away from that as much as possible.  The raw vegan phase is another milestone for me and I'm sure it will take some transitioning as going vegan has.  I'm a bit clueless as to what I'll be able to eat on a more raw vegan lifestyle.  Salads, fruits, and veggies I know, but how do you make complete meals out of that and will I get tired of salads?  Hmmmmm, so much more research to be done.

I have been watching more videos and gathering more recipes for things I'd like to try.  There are a few kitchen items I don't have that I would like to acquire to make this transition and journey a bit smoother and easier for me.  So I won't get into raw as much as I'd like.  I'll seriously be taking it very slow.

I'll document with videos along my 10 day fast (11 days actually) and hopefully inspire someone else to give this a try as well.  For now, I'll leave you with a picture of my bounty that I purchased today.  It all looks so beautiful to me!!  I love fruits and veggies......I can do without the meat (except in a few choice meals such as gumbo) ;-D



Tasha

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails