12/30/2008

Isn't it...

beautiful to hear the Lord speak to your heart?!

Well, this morning I drank a sprite when I am supposed to be fasting. No problem...Lord please forgive me and bless the remainder of my time of fasting.

Lunch hour, I started out not really knowing where to begin. I prayed for God to be all over that hour with Him. I then began by reading some devotionals I received this morning. Good, but the Spirit didn't cause my heart to quicken. Oh the devotionals were wonderful and true and right on time. Hmmmmmmmm, did I say they didn't quicken my heart? God used them to get me where he wanted me. One spoke of spiritual curfews and why we must be obedient to the Word of God. The other was about being hungry for the Word of God. So as I prayed for myself, I also prayed for my children to desire and hunger for the Lord. I watch them walk around and they are so luke-warm to His Word. I prayed they would have a fire, zeal, longing for God and His Word; that they would remember what they once had and want that and more.
So then I'm just sitting there and I said Lord, I don't even know how to pray or what to pray right now. I've prayed over my "list", Nicole's "list", and Yvette's "list", Angie's "list", but it just isn't enough. Father you know our desires, you gave them to us. You know our hearts far better than even we do. You know what we long for. Your Word says it will not return void. You are not a man that You can lie. IF you gave us Proverbs 31 as an example to strive for and you gave us Titus 2 as well, then you will have to make it come to pass.
The tears began to flow...why Lord would you give us these desires if You did not intend to fulfill them? Why would You allow us to be tormented by these desires?
Then I just sat there listening to CeCe Winans, Throne Room (look up the words if you don't know them).
Enter into another place!!!!
Again I'm sitting there. Ok, Lord now what do You want from me? Look in my bag and pull out A Woman after God's Own Heart, by Elizabeth George. Ok, start reading but I really don't have much time left. I get to the 3rd page and SOMETHING jumps out at me. She wrote...
I was also comforted about my own life. After all, God knows the desires of my heart--indeed, He has put them there (Psalm 37:4)! I got no further than that. Joy leaped within me and the Holy Spirit quickened my heart. I looked up Psalm 37:4 and read it. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Then I read verse 3 & 5. MAN!!! I began to journal and this is what I wrote
As I sit & read A Woman after God's Own Heart, she mentions that God knows the desires of our hearts...He put them there. This has given me great comfort & I had just prayed along these same lines. God I know you hear me and I'm on your heart. These desires come from You and if they come from You, You will see them come to pass. Forgive me for my doubt, unbelief, & impatience to see the fruit You've promised. Give me comfort & strength as I wait for the Lord.
The word WAIT jumped out at me, so I looked it up in the back of my Bible to see what I could find. Ps. 27:14, 130:5, Is. 30:18, Acts 1:4, Rom 8:23 (wait eagerly), Tit. 2:13 (wait for the blessed hope). Please read a verse or two before or after the ones I've listed

My dear sisters, if we wait eagerly, yet patiently, expectantly on the Lord, He will cause our desires to come to pass. He is NOT a man that He should lie. He would not give us desires that are biblical and then torment us and not allow us to taste the fruit. Your desire Yvette to be in a church home where His Word is lived and taught is biblical, healing is biblical. Our desire to hear from Him is biblical. Nicole, our desires to be home with our family is biblical. Our desires for children is biblical. To have His wisdom and walk in His path, it is all biblical. So guess what, the desires we have are all from Him, found in His Word, and He will make them come to pass. The desires we have are not carnal and worldly...The world doesn't think those thoughts.
Oh but the waiting...is not easy. It will get hard and we will doubt, we will even give up. But I praise God for each of you; even when it sounds like I am whining...and I usually am, you each lovingly point me back to the Savior!!!!
I thank God for you daily, we are all disciples of the Lord and we encourage one another. I give thanks and praise for you.

I pray this has encouraged you as much as it has me. Wait on the Lord!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails