3/24/2009

Ezekiel 3:17-19

I was dictating this scripture to my children for one of their school lessons and boy did it make me stop and say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It's one of those make you think scriptures; am I applying this to my life? Have I not spoken up on behalf of the Lord because I was afraid or because I didn't think the person would receive it or that they may not be ready? May god show me my errors and give me opportunity to speak up/out for His glory that one might be saved!

17"Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.
18.When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.
19.But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.


God did command us to go out into all the world and share the good news! However, how many times have you been faced with the opportunity to do so and struggle with doing it? How many times have you said...but they are just not ready to hear, they'll reject it. God never said share with those only you think are ready. He said share! To you they may not seem ready, but we cannot see the work that He has begun in their hearts. And true, they may very well reject His word of truth, but it is not for us to decide the time, we are just to share. We share, whether they accept it or reject it. We are called to plant the seed. It is God who waters it and nurtures it. This is discipleship.

Will you go & share? Or will you please man rather than God?

Be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very convicting scripture. I can't count the times that the Lord has thrown an opportunity at me and I have ashamedly kept my mouth shut. Thank you for this post. There are no excuses.

In Christ,
Shannon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails