3/22/2009

WHAT are you full of?

Service today was exceptional! I can't think of a Sunday Service that has not been good, but this one was by far the best. Ok, one of the best! LOL
Pastor Evans was not there so he had Pastor Gibson speak. Pastor Gibson is a rare find. He is very transparent and on fire for the Lord. He ALWAYS has a song to sing unto the Lord, even though his voice is not the best and he's usually off key, but he doesn't let that stop him from giving praises unto the Lord. He is just real with his faith and isn't afraid to show you where he's at in his walk with God. I've not heard him speak and walked away feeling like God was not speaking directly to me. The presence of the Holy Spirit seems to envelope the place and the presence is oh so sweet.
He asked that one question...What are you full of? Ephesians 3:14-21, John 8:32, 14:16, 26, John 15:5; Luke 24:49, Acts 1:8, 2:4, 6:3
Could what you are full of be keeping you from being lit up?
Is what you're full of working for you?
I had to stop and confess that I am NOT filled with the Holy Spirit, but oh how I long to be.
He made a statement...when you are so filled with the Holy Spirit and you're squeezed by lifes trials/tribulations, the Spirit is what flows from you. The Light of the Spirit is ever shining, no matter the circumstances.
How many times I've had to deal with someone that was getting on my nerves and I was rude or short with them! That was not the Holy Spirit flowing from me. And how many times have I justified such behavior? Oh, I shutter to think upon that one!!!

Lord, not only bless me with a heart like Yours, but Father, fill me to over-flowing with Your Holy Spirit. May I be a vessel that the Spirit dwells within.

And if I may add a prayer from Nancy Leigh DeMoss...
Show me more of Your holiness.
Show me more of my sinfulness.
Help me to hate sin and to love righteousness as You do.
And make me holy as You are holy.

Have a blessed Sabbath!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails