3/31/2010

My Joy

Have I ever shared how much joy my children bring me?

Yes, they argue and disagree and yes I have to referee those disagreements.  But there is something that far out weighs even those...
When I hear their joint laughter over an endeavor they have taken on together, when they are coming up with new skits, when they are standing up for one another against outsiders that try to come against them, when they pray for each other and when one feels sad and the other two are racking their brains trying to figure out why.

Yes, I've been blessed beyond measure with these 3 monumental joys in my life and you know what?  I would NOT trade them for anything in this world.

In our society today, the world would have us to believe that 3 children are more than enough.  That actually we could stop at two if we have a boy and a girl and the only reason to have three might simply be because we had two of the same sex the first two times.  Or society would have us to believe that putting children on hold until a more perfect opportune time comes is more than ok.
Yet when I read my Bible, I read in Psalms 127:3-5  It says that children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.  Like arrows in the had of a warrior are the children of one's youth.  Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!!! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gates.

No, my children are not my regrets, my children are my blessings and I am blessed beyond measure because they are in my life.  My only regret is my choice of closing off my womb and putting a halt to the many blessings God could have given me.  However, that will not stop me from praising Him for the one's He gave me before my poor judgement and decision.

I feel like Mother's Day is every day and today I am abundantly blessed to be their mother!!!

2 comments:

GammySel said...

Great Photo..
and I totally agree.. Children are a joy and blessing if you get the chance to slow down enough to enjoy them!

Angie

Diane Shiffer said...

What a sweet picture! Your kiddos look darling☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails