3/07/2010

Our Weekend!!!

I thought I would wait until tomorrow to write about the Texas Rubies Retreat my daughters and I attended...(check out Above Rubies)

This was the most blessed weekend I've had in such a long time.  It is always great to be around other like minded women.  It is refreshing to hear that wanting to be a wife/mother in today's society is not only ok, it is what the Lord planned for us women all along. (yes even in this imperfect world)
It is also wonderful that my daughters could be a part of this and see and hear so many ladies rejoicing in motherhood, womanhood, and femininity.
I was able to put faces with names that I've only encounterd on our eloop (check out yahoo groups Texas Rubies).  To meet some women that know other women I also know that aren't a part of the group and realize just how small the world really is.  And for my daughters to meet new friends that are striving to be all God called them to be and embrace motherhood/womanhood as well.  The teaching was amazing, the worship was splendid, the ladies were blessings, and the Holy Spirit was THERE!  REFRESHING!!!!
I went to this retreat expecting to hear from the Lord and with no intentions of spending a dime because, well, check out my previous post.
I spent $12 whole dollars and it was the best twelve dollars I could have spent the entire weekend.  I purchased the devotional Nancy kept speaking of...Daily Light on the Daily Path.  I needed something that would be Word filled for our family devotions, yet not be so long that I couldn't enjoy them now that I've returned to the single parent role.  In other words, I needed short spurts or shots of the Word.  This devotional has a morning reading and an evening reading...I can do that.  Nancy even shared that her husband reads the morning reading and prays over their day and family.  In the evening around the meal table, he reads the evening reading, they discuss and ask questions, they each pray and then pray for a different country or nation as well.  I thought, hmmmmm, I can do something like that.  And we'd all be getting doses of the Word!!!!
Well, I got up this morning as we were preparing for the final message this morning.  The lodge was still dark, as many women had not awakened yet.  So I stood by my bunk with this book laying on the top bed and my phone in hand as a flashlight.  I read this mornings reading:
March 7
Morning Reading
Your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name. Isaiah 54:5

This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:32
You shall no longer be termed Forsaken,...but you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the Lord delights in you, and your land shall be married...And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.  Isaiah 61:1-3
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation...as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10
I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and mercy. Hosea 2:19
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Romans 8:35

I was standing on the side of that bed and I wanted to shout and scream for joy as the Holy Spirit so sweetly spoke and ministered to my heart.  A peace beyond understanding wrapped around me and my heart was filled with joy.  He calls me Hephzibah, which is Hebrew for My delight is in her.
He delights in me.  I am no longer to call myself forsaken or feel forsaken. He rejoices in me and all my life.  He clothes me with salvation and is betrothed to me forever, in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and mercy.  NO ONE can separate me from the Love of Christ!!!!!!!!
I am valued.  I am loved.  I am His and He is mine.  No matter what comes my way or what my husband has done to me, I am FAR ABOVE RUBIES....PRICELESS!!!

When we returned home this afternoon, my girls and I laid down and were out...I'm only up because I got hungry, but will soon head back to bed.  But before I did that, I thought, let me read this evenings reading:

Evening Reading
My times are in Your hand. Psalm 31:15

All His saints are in Your hand. Deut. 33:3
The word of the Lord came to [Elijah], saying, "Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.  And it will be that you shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there."...Then the word of the Lord came to him saying, "Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there.  see, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you." 1 Kings 17:2-4, 8-9
Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on...For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. Matthew 6:25, 32
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

He loves me so much, if need be, he will command the birds of the air to feed me...I have no need to worry about anything, not even the bills I have this month with no money to pay them.  He knows we need these things and He has forgiven me for not tithing and will take care of our needs.  I casted my cares, hopes, dreams, visions, and desires upon Him and He will take care of those along with my concerns, fears, and worries.  But with all of that, my mother's FAVORITE scripture...Prov. 3:5-6 and she would quote this to all who went to her with a concern or worry.  She quoted it to us almost daily.  I will trust in the Lord, I will acknowledge Him, I will not lean on my own understanding...My God will direct my every path.  He loves me just that much.

However, don't think this is just for me, because He loves you just that much too!!!!!

Be blessed and good night!!!

PS.....I linked an online KJ version of Daily Light on the Daily Path...you can go here and read the very thing I read today.  It looks like the entire book is there!!!!! WOW I had no idea.  Be blessed by this reading.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails