10/17/2010

Share your thoughts...

It is my understanding that many Christians are saying we are no longer under the law of the Old Testament, but free from the law.

I have a different understanding of this.  I understand it to mean we are no longer under the law to ensure our salvation.  Because if we are no longer under the law in the Old Testament then that would throw the Ten Commandments out and murder, adultery, lying, stealing, etc. would be acceptable.  I'm just saying if we are free from the law in the Old Testament, then the Old Testament is of no importance to our lives today and we can strike it null and void and there is no reason to read it, nor include it in the Bible today.
Maybe I'm not making myself clear so if you can help bring clarity, please do!  Thanks

Anyone have a different understanding?  Please share...don't attack, but share.  Ultimately we must take it before God and allow Him to illuminate His truth to us.

1 comment:

Michael K said...

Dear Tasha,

I read about you from the Gleaning the Harvest Site. I agree with your understanding and I came up with this 3-point system:

1. Jesus said that if we love him, we will follow his commandments.
2. Jesus commanded that man shall not live on bread alone, but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
3. The Old Testament law proceeded from the mouth of God.

Would you agree?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails