4/28/2011

Wednesday Night Bible Study 4-27-11

Last nights Bible Study was eye opening for me and I just wanted to share my notes.

James 1 (BOLD is my translations for better understanding)
 1 James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
      To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.

      2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, (count it as a positive thing even though it's a negative experience) 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

      5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,8 being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

      9 But the brother of humble circumstances is to glory in his high position (position of being a child of God); 10 and the rich man is to glory in his humiliation, because like flowering grass he will pass away.11 For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away.

      12 Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.


FROM CRISIS TO THE CROWN


James 1:2 - Trials in the will of God are to be celebrated, your faith is being tested.
James 1:3-4 - Finish the exam. (I've wondered all this time why I keep getting the same issues to arise in my life.  Could it be that before I completed the exam I gave up?
James 1:5 - Ask for wisdom (the skill to apply Biblical truths to practical life).  Look for wisdom and expect it!!!
Wisdom is not given to deliver you from the trials, but to navigate you through the trials.
Ask for wisdom in faith, no doubting. (Now all this time I thought this was pertaining to the "feeling" of doubt.  I was so overwhelmed with peace as Pastor Evans shared a nugget with us last night.)  In this context, doubting is referring to questioning God's Character and WHO HE IS!


Don't weight your view or others views and opinions with God's view or opinion.


James 1:9-10 - Praise for what God is doing.  Move yourself mentally out of your circumstances and praise for the spiritual growth during this time.  Don't look at your circumstances or lack, but glory in the fact that you are a child of God.  Take your eyes off of stuff and put your identity in Christ.  


Know that when you are going through a trial, God is showing you special attention.  He is developing something in you that you lack.  (Thank you God for all this special attention you have been giving me!!!!!!!)


James 1:12 - In the end, after you have persevered and endured under trials, after your faith has been tested and you have grown in that area that God was stretching you in spiritually, know that God has a promise of a crown of life waiting for you!!!!






I pray this blesses someone else.  I know I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat last night, as I felt God was speaking directly to me.  So today has been filled with praise.  I've been praising Him through these various trials, but I've also asked many questions too.  I think I'll set the questions to the side for a while and rejoice in that fact that I AM HIS CHILD and in WHO HE IS!!!!  Because as I look through His Word....if God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!!!!!  Listen to this video, but please pay close attention to the words towards the end!!!!!  Be Blessed




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails